This application requires specific account options and configurations. If you are interested in the DVIR Management Application, please contact your sales account manager.
Making Sure DVIRs Get Done
Keep Track of Your Defects
Integrate with Maintenance Provider
The DVIR Management solution formerly known as Technical Defect Management Solution (TDMS) is composed of many interlocking modules and supports a browser-based mechanic portal and integration with third party maintenance providers.
New Features and Enhancements
- Improved the mechanic/supervisor user experience and functionality.
- Improved per depot, vehicle, and driver filter functionality.
- Improved support for multiple maintenance providers at the same depot.
- Added multiple inspection defect resolution.
- Added support for operation in conjunction with standard mobile application to allow mechanic dual use.
- Added the new Embedded Mechanic Portal in Fleet for back office users.
- Improved support for critical and non-critical defect workflow.
- Added support for the new DVIR form severity feature.
- Improved support for the existing "Safe to Operate" and "Defect Description" fields and mapping
- Added support for text-based email notifications.
- Added support for notifications on mechanic defect updates.
- Improved support for movement without triggering an Inspection Insight Alert. This includes new parameters to account for distance traveled before alert trigger, or exceeding maximum shift time with no DVIR submission.
- Improved support for an inspection detail export from the mechanic portal.
- Added a new DVIR Summary report from the Fleet report module.
- Added a new Missing DVIR Summary report from the Fleet report module.
- Improved support for third party system defect mapping codes.
Sign in to the Mechanic Portal as either a mechanic or a supervisor to view and update defects reported from DVIR. You can also export an inspection detail CSV file directly from the portal.
Users are authenticated against the Verizon Connect Platform Subusers list (under the Tasks section of thre main platform menu) and are only given access to the portal if the subuser has been assigned one of the following roles: TDMS Mechanic or TDMS Admin.
In addition to the role of a subuser, the location of the subuser in the Fleet hierarchy is used to determine what depots they have access to view defects for. If a subuser has vehicle visibility that includes one or more vehicles assigned to one or more depots, they are given an option to select from the available depots.
Internal Fleet users can sign in the Fleet platform and can select the Mechanic Portal option from the DVIR Management section of the main menu.
External - Mechanics can sign in to an external Mechanic Portal page. Once user credentials are verified, you are taken to the main Mechanic Portal page.
The main Mechanic Portal contains the following features and functionality:
- Depot - A dropdown list of depots available based on user permission
- Vehicle - A dropdown list of vehicles available to the user based on depot selection
- Driver - A dropdown list of drivers available to the user based on depot selection
- Stage - A dropdown list with grouping of inspection statuses.
- All - All inspection statuses
- Open - Awaiting Mechanic, Partial, Seen By Mechanic**
- Closed - Seen By Mechanic, Seen By Mechanic*, Approved
- Begin Date - A date picker input field. Clicking on the field opens an interactive calendar in a small overlay. Default value on login is 30 days prior
- End Date - A date picker input field. Clicking on the field opens an interactive calendar in a small overlay. Default value on sign in is current day
- Refresh - Clicking this button refreshes the list of forms. This lets you see forms that have been added after you opened or last refreshed the screen.
Inspection List Columns
The inspection list includes the following columns:
- STO (Safe To Operate)
- Vehicle is safe to operate. This will be depicted with a green check mark. Indicates an item was marked failed, but is not a defect that needs to be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Vehicle is not safe to operate. This will be depicted with a red exclamation mark. Defect must be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Inspection - The unique ID of the inspection by the driver. The Inspection field is a clickable link that opens a list of defects for the selected inspection.
- Vehicle - The vehicle or asset the driver was assigned to at the time the inspection was submitted.
- Driver - The name of the driver that submitted the inspection.
- Type - The type of DVIR submitted.
- Status - The status of the inspection. Available statuses are:
- Awaiting Mechanic - Defects awaiting mechanic action.
- Partial - Only some defects have been fixed. Requires additional mechanic action.
- Seen By Mechanic - Inspection has been closed by mechanic.
- Approved - Form has been closed / approved by a driver.
- Seen By Mechanic* - Pending closure in the Verizon Connect Platform.
- Seen By Mechanic** - An Error occurred closing inspection in the Verizon Connect Platform.
- Submitted - Date/time DVIR submitted by driver.
- Failed - Count of failed items within the inspection.
- Fixed - Count of fixed items within the inspection.
- Approved - Count of passed items within the inspection.
Defect Dialog Columns
The Edit Inspection dialog opens when you click an Inspection ID from the inspection list. This dialog box includes the following columns:
- STO (Safe To Operate)
- Vehicle is safe to operate. This is depicted by a green check mark. The Indicated item above is marked failed but is not a defect that needs to be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Vehicle is not safe to operate. This is depicted by a red exclamation mark. Defect must be fixed in order to pass inspection.
- Name - Defect name from DVIR form template.
- Driver Comment - Comment submitted by driver for a given defect.
- Status - If status is "Failed", the user is allowed to select from a drop down list. Available defect statuses:
- Fixed - Defect has been fixed.
- Pending - Defect has been seen by mechanic but will be fixed at a later time.
- Canceled - Mechanic has determined a failed item does not require a fix.
- Fixed Time - The date/time when mechanic confirms fixing the defect.
- Fixed By - The username of a mechanic that fixes the defect.
- Mechanic Comment - Comment added by mechanic after fixing defect and clicking on defect.
- Approved Time - The time when the driver closes the form inspection.
- Approved By - The username of the driver that closes the form inspection.
Defect Status Selection
Once all defects have been fixed, a confirmation box is displayed and allows the user to confirm inspection is ready for driver approval.
If the fixed defect(s) are the same across multiple inspections for the same vehicle, each inspection will be updated for driver review.
If failed defects are left to be fixed, the inspection status will be in “Partial” status. The remaining failed defects will need to be fixed in order to submit the inspection for driver approval.
Once inspection is submitted by a mechanic, it’s placed in a temporary status “Seen By Mechanic*”. This indicates the inspection update is pending in the Verizon Connect Platform. Once completed, the inspection status changes to “Seen By Mechanic”.
If an error occurs closing the inspection in the Verizon Connect Platform, the status of the inspection updates to “Seen By Mechanic**”. A warning button shows an error message on mouseover. If an inspection is in this state, contact an administrator. Once the issue is corrected, a user must re-submit the inspection.
Mechanic Portal Column Functionality
Columns can be sorted in ascending and descending order, and hidden or enabled.
Notification Admin - Allows an administrative user to update or add users to receive email notifications for failed inspections.
This screen includes the following fields and functions:
- Depot - Select depot to add, update, or delete users
- Name - Name of user
- Email - User's email address
- Notifications (multi-select):
- All Defects - Users get an email notification when inspection is failed.
- Not Safe to Operate Only - User only gets an email notification when inspection is marked “Not Safe to Operate".
- Seen By Mechanic - User gets email when mechanic closes inspection.
- Maint Provider - Used if configured for specific maintenance providers. Otherwise set to "All".
- Text Only Email - A text only based email notification.
It may be possible to use your mobile phone carriers email address gateway and have them appear as a text message on the phone. Please note some carriers may have more than one gateway address, for example Verizon SMS - email@example.com and Verizon MMS - firstname.lastname@example.org.
In most cases it's recommended to use MMS, as SMS may be subject to a character limitation. Please contact your mobile carrier to find your email gateway. This may also be subject to the mobile carriers text limitations.
Last Update - Time contact was last updated.
HTML Email Notification - a text-based email
Export from Mechanic Portal - Exported records based on selected inspection filters
Fleet Report Module - A new custom section is added for DVIR reports.
- Missing DVIR Summary (Based off Driver with DVIR InSight Alert )
- DVIR Summary
Missing DVIR InSight Alert - An InSight Alert Script monitors for vehicle activity and assesses the presence and validity of a DVIR submission. If a vehicle is moving without a valid DVIR submission, the alert will trigger.
- Distance Traveled - Only triggers if the vehicle has moved more than a certain distance.,for example 2 miles
- Driver Shift Time - Checks if the driver has been on duty for longer than the expected shift duration without a valid DVIR submission, for example 14 hours.
- Time to Trigger - Allowed time before the alert becomes active to account for any delay receiving DVIR submission from the mobile device.