Fleets are collections of vehicles, and Teams are collections of drivers. Running reports on groups that make the most sense for your organization is much easier. These groupings also give you more control over the vehicles or drivers others can work with.
Some Fleets and Teams are created automatically based on your organizational structure (i.e. your hierarchy). However, using Verizon Connect Fleet, you can also create non-hierarchy groupings as needed, which can be useful for organizing information about your vehicles and drivers by a benchmark other than your company’s structure.
This article describes how to create a custom Fleet or Team.
- Expand the Main section of the left menu and select Fleets & Teams.
- Select either the Fleets tab or the Teams tab, depending on which grouping type you want to work with, and then click the Create Fleet or the Create Team button to create either a new Fleet or Team.
- From the Create dialog, enter the name of your new Fleet or Team, and then click OK. The new Fleet or Team that you created now appears in the list of Fleets or Teams.
- Click the new Fleet or Team that you created fin the list. Information about the item you selected appears on the right.
- Click the tabs to the right of the screen to configure your Fleet or Team, and then click Save to save your changes. The following tab options are available:
Details: Update basic details about your Fleet or Team, such as editing the Name or adding Notes.
Drivers or Vehicles: Specify the vehicles or drivers that are part of the Fleet or Team.
User Permissions: Where you can select which subuser accounts can work with the Fleet or Team.
Role Permissions: Where you can select what roles can work with the Fleet or Team.
Share: (only available for Fleets): If your organization uses the Verizon Connect Share feature, you can use the Share tab to set up the Fleet so information about it can be shared with a third party. For example, this functionality is useful for emergency or disaster response services, allowing utilities to track the location and progress of their contracted service providers, promoting better coordination of their activities with one another.