Click Settings in the Map screen toolbar to open the Settings dialog box, where you can specify your preferences for the appearance and behavior of the map. The Settings dialog box has the following tabs:
- General: General settings control how the map displays information by default.
- Clustering: Cluster settings control how the map displays icons for vehicles, jobs, or clusters of vehicles or jobs, or both. It also lets you set the type of information that is shown in dynamic info balloons.
- Visible Markers: Visible markers settings control which markers can be visible when there is no vehicle stopped at them.
- Balloons: Balloons settings control how the map displays info balloons.
- Custom Fields: Extra information that can be added to dynamic info balloons.
- History: Options that affect the multi-history list view.
The General tab contains controls for configuring how the map displays information by default. The upper section contains settings for the overall defaults, and the lower section includes settings for pop-ups.
- Display the overview map by default: When selected, the map is displayed with the overview map showing in the lower left corner when you first sign in, as long as the map is zoomed sufficiently.
- Remember the last location being viewed: When selected, the map view persists when you navigate away from the Map screen then return, as long as there is no default view. That is, the map remembers the current location, zoom level, and any map layers that are currently displayed.
- Zoom to vehicles as the filter is applied: When selected, the map zooms to show the filtered set of vehicles when you apply a new filter.
- Change country in Go To dialog based on map location: When selected, the Go To dialog box infers the country in which to search from the center of the map. This can affect the way addresses are parsed when searching by address.
- Enable reverse geo-coding at the cursor: When selected, moving the cursor over an arbitrary location on the map causes the address of that location to be displayed.
Dialog Box Options
- Dock windows by default: When selected, pop-ups are first displayed in a docking area.
- Only allow one vehicle dialog to be open at a time: When selected, you cannot open multiple vehicle details pop-ups.
- Only allow one driver dialog to be open at a time: When selected, you cannot open multiple driver details pop-ups.
- Only allow one marker dialog to be open at a time: When selected, you cannot open multiple marker details pop-ups.
The Clustering tab contains controls for configuring the way the map displays icons for vehicles, jobs, and clusters.
- Animate vehicle icons: When selected, the icons of vehicles without a signal are animated on the map. Vehicles classified as "no signal" have typically not transmitted a GPS location report for 30 minutes or more. See no vehicle signal icon.
- Show "Maintenance required" icons: When selected, vehicles with overdue services are identified on the map (and in the Vehicles list under the Status column) with an icon that alternate between a wrench and their current status icon.
- Single icons: Move the slider to increase or decrease the size of vehicle icons on the map.
- Cluster icons: Move the slider to increase or decrease the size of cluster icons on the map.
- Link: Click Link to synchronize the size of vehicle and cluster icons, so that changing the size of one causes the other to change as well.
When resizing icons, a percentage that indicates the size of the icons is shown to the right of the slider. When this percentage is smaller than the value indicated above the sliders (80%), the cluster icons become too small to fully include all of the text, and so a smaller version of the icons is used. The small icons use initials rather than full words on status icons (for example, "I" instead of "Idle").
- Outer pie chart: Select the type of information that determines the colors on the outer pie chart (ring) of vehicle clusters. Possible options, depending on your version of this product, are:
- Status: The status of the vehicle. The main user of an account can configure the values, using the Vehicles Settings page of the main options dialog box.
- Color: The vehicle icon color, which is assigned using the information tab of the vehicle details pop-up.
- Marker Type: For vehicles at a marker, the list color of the marker category. For vehicles not at a marker, clear.
- Asset Type: The color of the asset type, which is assigned in the Asset Types screen.
- Inner pie chart: Select the type of information that determines the colors of the inner pie chart of vehicle clusters. You have the same options as when setting the outer pie chart.
- Balloon List: The information shown in the third column of dynamic info balloons for large vehicle clusters or combined jobs/vehicle clusters. You have the same options as when setting the outer and inner pie charts.
- Jobs bar chart: The information shown in the job bar chart that is displayed below vehicle clusters for large vehicle clusters or combined jobs/vehicle clusters. This list includes job-related values, including job status, job priority, job type and job warning.
The Visible Markers tab lets you specify which markers can be made visible when there is no vehicle stopped at them. When you toggle markers on using the Show markers map control, only those markers whose types are selected on this page are displayed on the map.
In addition to check boxes for each defined marker type, the Visible Markers tab includes:
- The Select all/none option either selects or clears the check boxes for all marker types.
- The Show marker names on map option lets you specify if markers shown on the map are accompanied by text labels that contain the markers' names.
- The Only show markers in the selected territory option, when selected, allows the map to show only customer, driver, depot, and vehicle markers within the currently selected territory (chosen using the Fleets selector tool in the upper right corner of the map). This option is only available to customers with a Verizon Connect® Response™ subscription.
- The Show markers at zoom slider lets you specify the amount the map must be zoomed before circle markers are visible.
- The Show perimeters at zoom slider lets you specify the amount the map must be zoomed before polygon markers are visible.
Showing many markers on the map can adversely affect performance. The controls on this tab let you improve performance by:
The Balloons tab lets you specify the overall appearance of info balloons.
- Show all vehicle details in balloons for small clusters: When selected, dynamic info balloons for clusters with four or fewer vehicles show the same details as the dynamic info balloons for vehicles. When cleared, all clusters show the summary statistics.
- Show all vehicle details in cluster vehicle list: When selected, the vehicle list that is displayed when you click the "+" on a cluster icon that shows summary statistics includes details about the status and location of each vehicle, as well as links to launch a vehicle history.
- Automatically close pop-up balloons: When selected, information balloons on the map automatically close once the cursor is no longer moving over the balloon, marker, or cluster. When not selected, balloons remain open until you click the left mouse button elsewhere on the map, or another balloon is opened.
The Custom Fields tab includes additional settings that affect dynamic info balloons.
Static Info Balloon Fields
- First field: Select the information that is displayed in the first line for each vehicle of a static Info balloon.
- Second field: Select the information that is displayed in the first part of the second line for each vehicle of a static Info balloon.
- Third field: Select the information that is displayed in the second part of the second line for each vehicle of a static Info balloon.
You do not need to show all three fields of a static info balloon.
The Custom Fields tab lets you add extra information to info balloons.
The Custom Fields page organizes the types of information you can add to info balloons into two groups:
- Vehicles - The vehicle information you can add comes from the vehicles dialog box. When the check box beside an item in this group is cleared, that information is added to the dynamic info balloons for vehicles.
- Locations - Location information comes from custom map layers when they include information that supports reverse-geocoding. When the check box beside an item in this group is selected, that information is added to the dynamic info balloons for vehicles, the marker creation info balloons, and to the info balloons that are displayed when you do a location search.
The History tab lets you specify options that concern the multi-history list view.
- Sort history by latest first - When selected, the list of history timelines is sorted by the order in which the rows were added to the list, with the most recently added item first. When cleared, the list of history timelines is sorted alphabetically by vehicle or driver name.
- Open History Details tab when showing a specific event - When selected, pressing a link that opens a history from another page such as Driver Forms, Insight Alert Inbox, or Dashboard, causes the vehicle pop-up to be opened to the history tab with the specified event selected in the list.
- Indicate in history if the start and end times are unknown - When selected, if a vehicle's history is unknown (typically, this occurs if a vehicle is stopped for three or more consecutive days) the history is shown in gray without a start or end time on the History tab Gantt chart.