The Driver Safety Scorecard feature available in Verizon Connect Fleet is a quick and convenient tool to identify risky driving behavior. By using these Driver Safety Scorecards, your drivers will be encouraged to demonstrate safer and more efficient driving behavior to help improve their personal safety records.
Driver Safety Scorecards provide information about:
- Excessive speeding (for example, over 75MPH)
- Speeding more than 10% over the posted speed limit
- Seat belt usage
- Idle time (time spent with the engine running but no vehicle movement)
- Total miles driven
- Hard Braking and Hard Acceleration
You can configure your Driver Safety Scorecard using the following steps:
- From the Dashboards section of the main navigation bar, click Scorecards.
- Click the Add Scorecard option in the Scorecards screen that opens.
- Open the Type dropdown menu under the General section and choose Driver, and then open the Visibility dropdown and select Public.
- Scroll down to the Columns section of the screen. Here you will see the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that will be reported in your drivers' scorecards. By default these include distance driven, idle time, speeding 'events' above 75MPH (the number of times drivers are detected above this speed), hard braking and acceleration events, and an overall driver score.
You can add new scorecard KPIs by clicking the Add KPI button and then choosing a new measurement from the dropdown beside your new KPI. KPIs are included under several categories within this dropdown menu, including Utilization, Safety, and Performance.
You can also remove elements from scorecards by clicking the 'X' to the right of a KPI, or modify how much a KPI will influence the final driver score (for example, you could choose to make speeding events reduce the score of your driver more than hard braking, or vice versa).
- Scroll down to the Coach section of the screen and then open the Available in Coach dropdown box and select 'Yes'. Finally, click the Save button in the upper right corner. Your scorecard is now configured and visible to your Coach mobile app users.