Roadside inspectors can use the Inspector mode to view HOS logs and other details in a simplified, read-only interface.
Entering Inspector Mode
To enter the Inspector mode:
- Go to the HOS Status screen.
- Tap Actions at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Inspector Mode.
- Tap Continue to enter the Inspector mode. Note that to leave the Inspector mode, you must enter the appropriate password for the account that you are signed into.
Leaving Inspector Mode
To leave the Inspector mode:
- Tap the back button in the upper left corner until you see a password prompt.
- Enter the password for the account that you are signed into and tap Continue.
If you are using a US rule set, you can share the HOS logs for the past 8 days with the FMCSA, either by email or by uploading them directly to a server. To do this:
- Go to the summary list view in the Inspector mode UI.
- Tap the share button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- On the Share Data screen select the method for sharing the logs and, optionally, enter a note.
- Tap Send Logs.
If you are using a Canadian rule set you do not have support for sharing logs in Inspector mode.
Viewing Daily Logs
The initial screen in Inspector Mode shows the most recent daily HOS log entries in a summary list. For US rule sets, the list shows the daily HOS logs for the past 8 days. For Canadian rule sets, it show the daily HOS logs for the past 15 days.
To view the HOS details for a single day, tap the arrow button to the right of the entry. The following screens are available for the selected day:
- Event list for a selected day:
To view more details about an event, tap the arrow button to the right of the entry.
- Chart view for a selected day:
To move forward or backward through the HOS events, tap the right or left arrow buttons.
To view a shorter or longer period on the chart, tap the zoom icons in the lower part of the screen.
- Information view for a selected day:
- Unidentified events list for a selected day:
This list shows all events that have been recorded for the currently assigned vehicle, but are not assigned to a driver. Events that have been claimed by a driver on the Unidentified Driving screen are shown in grey with a line through them. All remaining unclaimed events are displayed without a line through them. To view more details about an event, tap the arrow button to the right of the entry.